Monday, October 27, 2008

PSS: When Did One Become Six?

Last time it was my turn I asked: "what is one personal characteristic you have that you would like to change?"

If you have an hour or so, sit back and enjoy!!

1.I am tired of being a wallflower. I worry too much about saying or doing something stupid that I think I miss out on a lot. I don't think I could ever be the kind of person that tells the waitress at Chili's it's someone's birthday and then have everyone sing Happy Birthday at the top of their lungs when it's not really my birthday. :) (Thanks Dariell...it was really yummy though!) I think I am coming out of my shell and becoming more relaxed. I know I will continue to say and do stupid things, but that's just part of who I am.
2. I take everything too personally.
3. I worry and stress too much about things that are beyond my control.
4. I have no patience anymore. Before I had kids of my own, I was so patience and tolerant of almost everyone. Now that I need patience more than anything, I have none!
5. I am WAY too hard on myself. I don't know when I am going to realize I'm not freakin' Martha Stewart. If something I do isn't perfect, I freak out and claim I am never going to do it again. I am never happy with anything I ever try to do or actually do.
6. I can't communicate when I am angry. I am so afraid of saying that will hurt the other person's feelings, that I can't say anything. I just clam up and don't say anything. It doesn't matter how angry I am, how right (or wrong) I am or how stupid the other person is being, I just sit there and listen. Or if it's someone who has said something that hurts my feelings, oh well. I don't say anything. I need to work on that.

Looks like I have my work cut out for me doesn't it?

No comments: