Thursday, October 16, 2008

Five Years in the Making...

We have been in our house for five and half years. Every room in the house has been decorated, some even redecorated, except for our master bedroom. We got a new bed when we were married, but everything else was just a hodge podge stuff that we threw in there. We FINALLY did our room! We didn't paint...Marcus has this thing that unless you are painting ALL the walls the SAME color, it never looks good unless a professional painter does it. I didn't want to pay a professional to come and paint, and painting is such a commitment....I don't do commitment well...maybe that's why Marcus and I dated for two years and were engaged nine months before we were married. :) Anywho, we got a new bed set that was on sale at Macy's..still paid WAY more then I am comfortable with, but it looks really good and should last for awhile. We FINALLY got our first dresser!! I thought since we have been together for so long, we were done with all our "firsts", but this is the first dresser we have had since we have been married. Too bad Hallmark doesn't make a card for this kind of celebration. Before the dresser, we had bins and baskets in our closet for our clothes, but now, we have more room in our all ready very roomy closet, and we can use the bins and baskets for different things. At first, I wasn't going to post pictures of my bedroom...it's my bedroom...things happen in there...like sleeping and eating of candy that I hide from Christian. I lock myself up there every Thursday night to watch Grey's while I pretend to fold laundry or do paperwork, but in reality, I can't do anything but watch Patrick Dempsey and drool. I digress...it is kind of creepy to me to post pictures of my room, but it looks really nice and I have to show it off. :0)

From our room


From our room


From our room


From our room


From our room


I redid the colors in our bathroom from pink and purple to cream and sage green, but I didn't take pictures of that yet. I am waiting on committing to a vinyl saying for my wall above my tub...see, it's that commitment thing again. Anyway, we can finally cross our room off our project list and that feels good!!

No comments: