Monday, March 03, 2008

Project Say Something

I'm a slacker and have fallen a week behind. (The fact that I have had a baby sick with RSV and now has a double ear infection should not be a factor. Really. I am just a slacker.)

Here is last week's question from Shane:
This week I would like us each to prepare a 60-minute play list of the music you would like played at your own funeral. Share your list of songs and tell us why you picked the songs you did.

These are SERIOUSLY the first few songs that popped into my head after I read this question...I don't think any explanations are needed.

Baby Got Back by Sir Mix-A-Lots
%itch by Meredith Brooks
Loser by Beck
Journey to Ernie by Ernie and Big Bird (Christian and I sing this song A LOT..it's always what I am humming.)
Barbie Girl by Aqua
Give It Away by Red Hot Chili Peppers (Christian has to sing it. I'm a great mom; I've taught Christian some of this song.)

I'm not a huge music fan. I'll listen to usually whatever. I also haven't given any thought to my funeral. I don't enjoy thinking about my death, or anyone's death for that matter. I know it's gonna happen..hopefully a lot later then sooner. I view funerals as something for the people you leave behind, and I would want those people to decide what kind of music should be played to remember me. (Hopefully none of the above songs would be chosen...except for maybe Barbie Girl.)

I don't want anyone to think I am avoiding answering the question, so if I had to chose a couple of real songs, they would be:

God Be With You Till We Meet Again by Jeremiah E. Rankin
Together Forever by Michael McLean
Families Can Be Together Forever by Ruth M. Gardner (My children and/or grandchildren would sing this song.)
I Believe by Kory Kunz (I believe my sister is a thief..even though she was done first.)

There ya go. If I die tomorrow, I will have a mixture of hymns, a song about my butt, and a song about what a %itch I can be. Nice!!

1 comment:

LostinPlaceKim said...

BARBIE GIRL!!! How absolutely perfect! I love it!