Thursday, March 20, 2008

Someday I Hope You Understand...



My dear little Christian,

I am sorry that I am trying to be a good mommy to you. I am sorry you don't like to follow the rules and listen to what I say. I am sorry that jumping on the couch is one of your favorite activities and Mommy doesn't support you in that. I am sorry that you don't like what I make you eat. (sometimes I don't either.) I am sorry that you enjoy candy and junk food so much and Mommy doesn't let you eat just that. I am sorry that I don't let you hit, push or sit on Emma; I know you really like to. I am sorry I make you share your toys. I am sorry that I don't let you tell me to stop talking. I'm sorry you feel like you have to yell, "You're not my friend" at me when you are angry with me. I am sorry that we had to leave the grocery store early today and then Mommy freaked out in the car. I am sorry that Emma is almost out of diapers and the puppies are almost out of food because we had to leave the store early. I am sorry I don't let you scream at the top of your lungs in the store and I am sorry that I try to keep you safe and buckled in the cart. I'm sorry that I want you to get potty trained so you can go to school in the fall. I am sorry that I make you stop drumming when I am on the phone. Who am I damper your love for music? I am sorry you don't get to watch Backyardigans or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse all day. I am sorry that I don't have more patience with you being an active, full of life three year old. I hope someday you will understand why I make you put on a jacket when you go outside, why I buckle you in your car seat, why I make you eat your vegetables, why I make you treat others with respect, why I always tell you I love you, why I always want you to know how wonderful you are and what a blessing you are to have in my life. Until that day comes, be patient with me. I'm doing my best.

Love,
Mommy

No comments: