Monday, March 17, 2008

I'm Just Complaining...Again

I hate Mondays! I don't use the word hate lightly. I don't let Christian say hate. It's not a nice word. But I HATE Mondays! It's the only day of the week I actually have to work and get things done with "my" restaurant. (It seems that since Marcus has bought the Orem location, all the paperwork and behind the scenes stuff from Layton has become mine again. I don't want it, but I do it anyway...with SERIOUS complaining.) Work that should take me half an hour ends up taking me three hours when Christian and Emma are home. When Christian and Emma are at daycare, it doesn't take that long.

Christian, Emma and I all got up later then we normally do. We all had to hurry to get ready and out the door. I didn't have time to wash my hair. I showered, but since we were running late and Emma was all ready grumpy, I knew there wasn't time to wash and then dry my hair. GROSS!! I have felt nasty all day long since my hair didn't get washed. People who go days without washing their hair or showering are nasty. I am going to shower and wash my hair before I go to bed because I feel so gross; it doesn't matter that I am going to be showering first thing in the morning. Anyway, Christian went to daycare by himself because Emma had her nine month check-up today. (She is finally healthy again. Way tall for her age though.) After her appointment, I had to go into Charley's to get my work done. Chaos and drama there. Yippie!! Then I had a couple of errands to do before I picked up Christian. Why are people so freaking rude? I'm sorry if you hate your job. I'm sorry if you are having a bad hair day. (Cuz, dude...you so are.) But don't take it out on me. Be nice. Then we went and got Christian. As we were walking out the door, I was talking to one of his teachers and Christian decided to use this time to go out the front door and run down the sidewalk to a VERY BUSY road. Believe me, he got SERIOUSLY growled at. Then when we got home, I had to finish doing the work that I didn't get done before Christian came home.

Making simple phone calls and submitting stuff online shouldn't be difficult, but when you have Emma trying to climb the stairs, Christian getting into EVERYTHING, simple things become extremely difficult. I was getting frustrated, and unfortunately when I get frustrated, Christian gets the brunt end of it. I know that he gets into things when he is bored and if I would just take a couple of minutes to find him something to do, things would be easier. I need to think on his level more often and realize where he is coming from. After my Monday stuff was finally done, we got to play a little bit. Things got better, but I am still grumpy. It's just one of those days that you just want to end. I'm gonna go wash that man day right out of my hair. Cheesy, I now...I told you I was grumpy....it's all in the dirty hair.

No comments: