Sunday, January 11, 2009

PSS: 2008

A couple of weeks ago, I asked: What is the one event that you will remember when you look back on the year 2008?

Looking back at last year, two things immediately popped into my head: My miracle baby turning 1 and Marcus donating his kidney.

I have never had the opportunity to plan a baby's first birthday. When we brought Christian home, he was thirteen months old, and I had to wait almost a full year to plan his birthday party. It was his first birthday party with us, but his second party. It was fun to plan Emma's party. It was a good day and Emma had a ball. I can't believe how fast time has gone. I still remember the night we found out we where preggers; it feels like yesterday.

Marcus is fully recovered from his surgery and life is back to normal..whatever that is. Juan is doing very well and able to do a lot of things he hasn't been able to do in a long time. There are still magazines doing articles on the story and just the other day Marcus got a card in the mail from someone telling him what an amazing thing it was that he did. I hope his story can do some good and people can look at organ donation a little differently.

Overall, 2008 was a good year. I look forward to 2009; the new challenges, adventures, obstacles, children, mistakes, successes and anything else that comes our way.

No comments: