Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Project Say Something...Playing Catch Up

Last week Shane asked: In the story of your life, who plays The Hero, The Villain and The Trusty Sidekick?

I really like this question, but hate it at the same time. I wish I had some clever, witty answer...but I don't. Sometimes, I feel like I have to be careful because of people who might come across my writings. I feel like this is one of the those times; I never know who is reading. So I am going to sugar coat my answer so no one gets offended or feelings hurt for being included or not being included.
In the story of my life, I feel like everyone who has been a part of my life, at some point, has played the hero, the villain and the trusty sidekick. Depending on the experience, the people and the outcome of that particular experience, the roles change quite frequently. I can honestly say no one has claimed any one role. So I guess somehow, everyone is my hero. (Some are just stupider than others.)

I feel like saying everyone is everything is a cop-out of an answer, so as of today my hero is Marcus, my villain is Emma and my trusty sidekick is Christian. Monday night, Emma woke up at 1:30 am and wouldn't go back to sleep. She was just screaming hysterically. She has never done anything like that before. This was the worst night she has had other than the first night home from the hospital. There was nothing Marcus or I could do to get her to go back to sleep. Marcus and I took turns between 1:30 and 3:30 to try to get her to go back to sleep. She would sleep for a few minutes and give us a false sense of hope. Then she would wake up and just starting screaming again. I know some people would tell me to just let her scream, but with other people in the house, how can I do that to them? It breaks my heart as a mom to not know how to make my baby feel better when she is obviously miserable. Then at 3:30 am, Christian decided to wake up and he needed his mommy. I was coming out of the bathroom, it was completely dark and he was standing right there. It scared me to death. I went to help him get back in bed and back to sleep. After I thought he was situated, I went back to take demon baby. Marcus told me he was fine with her. Then Christian came back in and needed me again. So I go to Christian's room and the next thing I know, it is 7:15 am and Marcus is bringing me Emma who is still upset. Since 3:30 she probably only slept half an hour. Marcus stayed up with her so I could get some sleep. He did this knowing that he had to drive to Orem that morning and work and then drive home. What a stud!

Mondays are the days that Christian and Emma go to daycare; I have never been happier but felt so guilty to take Emma to daycare. I called daycare after about three hours and they said she was still being a diva baby. She wouldn't let anyone put her down, she was really fussy, and she still wouldn't sleep. So I had to stop doing my work and go get her. Even today, I don't know what was wrong with her. She is perfectly fine now and even slept through the night last night. What a diva.

Anyway, not the kind of answer I am sure that was meant, but it's my answer anyway. Marcus is my hero for being patient enough with a screaming baby and letting me get sleep.
Emma is, okay was, my villain for staying up all night screaming.
Christian is my trusty sidekick for needing me to put him back to bed so I could escape the hell that was my bedroom with a screaming baby.

This question has made me realize that I need to create a blog that no one knows who is the writer of the stuff. I worry too much about hurting people's feelings or offending someone. I would like a place where I could be completely honest and say what I want to say about anything. Why did my mom have to raise such a nice little girl?...that little girl would be me if you were wondering... :)..yes, I am nice...really.

Wow..that is a very rambley post...maybe I should go to bed.

No comments: