I made this from a blog I saw (and of course, can't remember for the life of me where) and it only cost me two bucks!! I love me some cheap stuff. The glass container is just a vase and a candle holder I bought at the dollar store. I used some gorilla glue to glue them together. To buy this in the stores, you are looking at around $24. I then made the moss balls by crumpling up a newspaper into a ball, covering it in tape and then using a hot glue gun to glue the moss on. I only burned myself a couple hundred times, but I think it was well worth it.
The new creation in it's home...for now. I rearrange stuff way to much. I wonder if there is a support group for that...excessive rearranging and decorating anonymous.
I also made Emma and all my little nieces these cute bow holders. I saw something similar to this at the Quilted Bear and knew and I could make it much cheaper than what they were selling it for. All I had to buy was the wood. My handy dandy husband used his big boy toys and cut them all nice and straight for me.
This one is Emma's. Now we just need to figure out how to make cute little bows and flowers to add to it. (Hint. Hint. Kim)
We painted the family room back in March. Okay, I guess I can't really say "we". It was right after my surgery and I still couldn't lift anything or hardly move, but I helped..a little. I am very good at telling Marcus what to do. I will put pictures up of the whole room once we are completely done. We still need to do the touch ups which is my job and that's why it hasn't been done yet. There is no way I am going to have paint out when the monkeys are home and when they are at school, I always seem to have too much other stuff to do. Finishing that room is on my to do list. Anyway, we painted this little arch way thing above the fireplace. I still can't decide if I like it green or not. I made the G and redid the photo frame on the mantle. In the past, I have always had big black candlesticks with candles in the archway, but I got tired of dealing with them melting every fall and winter from the fireplace. Duh, what did I expect? I think I like it, but I am not sold on the whole thing yet.
I also redid the candle stick and picture frame that I put in the sitting room. FYI: Emma's picture is in one of the small frames because she is the only one that wouldn't freak out if her picture was smaller than anyone else. Drama.
My goal lately is to simply and get our lives back in order. Things have been complete chaos and I'm taking my life back dang it!! I painted these clipboards and put them in the kitchen kind of as a "command center". The top one is for the week's menu...when I actually write one up. Then the other two are for school stuff, dance or soccer info, or anything kid related that I should be aware of. So far it is working out very well. I don't lose papers that the kids need for school and I can put the school calendars up there and always know where they are.
This doll house is going to be the death of me. I have been working on this thing for ages!! I need to finish the floors and the outside, but it's one of those projects I can't work on when Emma is awake because she wants to help paint and that doesn't usually go over well. Another "some day" project...but I'm closer than ever.
This wooden box thingamajig is the next project I want to do. I want to sand and repaint it and then reupholster the top. I'm wanting to get it done, but it keeps getting pushed to the back of the projects.