Saturday, February 28, 2009

PSS: Valentine's Day...

"Have you had a best and/or worst Valentine's Day? Tell us about it/them..."

I think I have early Alzheimer's. I remember nothing. I know I have had some great Valentine's Days...I can't remember any that were completely horrible. I've grown out of the "I need flowers and teddy bears and candy to know that you love me" phase. Flowers die too quickly. Stuffed animals drive me nuts. Candy goes straight to my butt. I would rather do something together without kids and have conversations that don't involve "Do you have to go potty?" or "Get off your sister" or "Stop licking my foot Emma."

Marcus always seems to go above and beyond each holiday and special occasion to spoil me rotten. This year he made me chocolate covered strawberries all by himself. We also went out to a movie and dinner. I can't remember the last movie we went to that I got to sit all the way through without having to take Emma out in the hall because she is naughty or having to take Christian to the bathroom. Marcus and I don't have to do big, elaborate things to have fun or go to exotic places; we seem to always have fun together no matter what we do. We drove to Idaho once and bought lottery tickets and stopped at a park on the way and went swinging. We are corny that way and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: