Saturday, February 28, 2009

PSS: Eat, Drink and Be Merry...

If you were told you have an incurable disease and have less than a year to live, would you take treatment that would make you sick, but be able to live more than a year? Or have only the quoted time and be healthy for most it it? And what would you do with the time?

I would not chose to have treatment. If I am going to die, I would rather enjoy the time I have left and not postpone the inevitable. I would live every day to the fullest. I wouldn't do anything too extravagant or out of the ordinary; just enjoy my family and friends. The movie My Life with Michael Keaton was so hard for me to watch, but I would like to do something like he did in the movie for my children. If Marcus is the only parent Christian and Emma have left, they are going to need all the extra help they can get. :)

At the final moments of my life, I would like my family there with me. I know Marcus would never put me into any kind of nursing home and would make my final days as comfortable as possible. I love that my family knows we will be together forever; I think it makes dealing with death easier. I have been to a few funerals for people who don't believe in eternal families. Their loved ones that are left behind don't think they will ever see that person again; death is the end. There is such a different feeling at those funerals than at ones where families know they will see their loved ones again. Marcus is stuck with me forever...poor guy.

No comments: