Wednesday, February 04, 2009

January Monthly Organizing Round Up: Filing

January was Filing month over at Organizing Junkie's site. I was suppose to have this post done last week, but life has been super duper, duper crazy.

Before shots:





We have our "office" in our basement. I got behind on our filing when we brought Christian home so quickly and lost our official office upstairs. (Yes, I am aware that it was three years ago. That's how behind I was.) In addition to being three years behind on our filing, we have since acquired two additional businesses. So now I am filing our personal info (invoices, insurance, bills, important papers) and everything for our three businesses. Once I got started on getting caught up, it went pretty smooth. I am happy to say it's been three weeks since I have finished and I am still caught up. Yah me!!

After shots:





It's amazing how much of a difference it is working on the desk and being able to know exactly where something is when I am looking for it.

This month's challenge is recipes. My recipe cupboard is bad; hope I can figure out a system that will make it easier to sort, organize and use..

1 comment:

Laura said...

Wow now that's a lot of paper you had to go through. Good job getting through the piles. What a relief for you to get it done I'm sure.

Laura