Thursday, February 12, 2009

PSS: Liar. Liar.

A few questions ago (because I can't ever stay caught up) Shane asked: When is the last time you lied? What did you lie about and why?

It's not that I don't lie or don't try to lie, it's that I can't lie. I am the worst liar in the world...next to my mom anyway. I even struggle with the little white lies that are said to make people feel good. You know the ones: No, those pants don't make your butt look fat. Or the one I have been known to use with my mother in law: That was some great food. (She isn't a bad cook. She just cooks different things than I am used to and I am very picky.) So I figure if I can't even tell the little lies, why even try to do any bigger ones? When I was a teenager, I could lie better than I can now. But after I would lie, I would always tell the truth because the guilt would eat me alive...well almost always anyway.

I think the most recent lies are more along the lines of "This old thing? It's been in my closet forever. I just never took the tags off." Or my favorite one I like to use is "I didn't eat all the cookies/candy/Diet Mt. Dew/Donuts/and so on. There was a homeless man who looked really hungry. He really enjoyed them though." Or one that I use a lot is "No, I am not mad at you. I am fine." (When I am secretly cursing Marcus in my head.)

I don't see any reason to lie about serious things. It's been my experience that the truth eventually comes out in the end and things are usually worse after the fact.

Now, if I could only get the homeless man to stop eating all the cookies....

No comments: