Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Monica & the Stinking, Rotten, Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day...

If I would have known what kind of day I was going to have when my alarm went off yesterday morning, I so would not have gotten out of bed at all. I was suppose to paint Taylor's fingernails on Sunday; that didn't happen...Then it was suppose to be Tuesday...Yah, that didn't happen either. So I started to feel guilty that I kept having to tell her no. Because I am a pushover, we got up at 7:00 this morning to paint fingernails. Then after they were painted, she wanted decals on them that covered her whole finger...So painting them was not necessary. Then as Christian and I were leaving to go meet Marcus for lunch in SLC, I tripped over my shoe (they were cute, just not good ones to be carrying a baby with) while holding the baby. So of course the motherly instinct kicks in and I have to protect him from falling which leaves me nothing to brace myself with. So I end up hitting my head on the corner of the van door and now I am left with a HUGE goose egg on my head and an even BIGGER headache. Taylor comes home from school totally hysterical. She was bitten by a neighbor's dog while riding her scooter home from school. So we had to clean her leg, talk to the neighbors, deal with animal control; it was loads of fun. After I think things are calming down, Jessi decides she needs to stub her toe to the point of nasty; blood, missing nail, the works. During all this after-school fun, Christian is up in his crib (suppose to be napping) screaming his lungs out because he was locked up in his room all alone with no one to give him attention. My old boss from the eye doctor called and offered me my old job back. The selfish side of me really wants to take it: extra money, actual adult interaction, and I really liked my job. But the rational, realist side of me helped me realize that working an actual job (b/c we all know the one I have now is fake) just isn't in the cards right now. Then the worst thing of the day happened....I opened my cupboard and had no red food coloring for my lip cookies I had to make for the girls at Activity Days!! I had to frost them white frosting and add pink crystals...Not so cute. (It's only worse then Taylor's accident b/c Taylor has completely recovered from her ordeal...Unless you remind her of it) So needless to say when it was time for bed, I was more then ready. All I wanted to do was bury my head under the covers and not come out for awhile.

No comments: