Sunday, November 30, 2008

Our Fun Week...

My birthday is usually the same week of Thanksgiving which means lots of food and fun! This year we started off the birthday/Thanksgiving week by going to dinner with friends for my birthday. We went to Tepanyaki in Clearfield. The last time we were there was when Christian's adoption was finalized so it's been awhile. I love that place, but I do need to get better at catching the darn shrimp.

Then my birthday was on Monday. It was pretty much a typical day. I did get to go do things by myself while Marcus kept the little ones. That was a great present. My sister and Madeleine were in town for the morning so we got to hang out a little bit. Jessi and Taylor came over for dinner and Marcus made yummy steak, baked potatoes, asparagus and rolls. Then we had cake and ice cream for dessert. The kids gave me some good stuff; I always gets spoiled! But the best part of my birthday will come next week; Vegas baby!! Marcus and I are going to Las Vegas for our birthdays. His present to me is taking me shopping. Primm is the very best place in the world to go shopping!! I can't wait. It'll be a nice little break from the kids, time with Marcus before he is gone for the month working at the restaurants and shopping!! I told Marcus he better enjoy giving me a hard time this year about being 30 minus 1 because next year when I actually do turn 30, he isn't allowed to say anything. I have issues almost being thirty..stupid, I know. I changed my picture on my profile and noticed that my profile said I was 29. I thought for a minute that it was wrong and I needed to go in and fix it...then I realized it was right. I then had a moment of silence before I added my picture.

We came to Vernal for Thanksgiving this year. It works out nicely, the years Jessi and Taylor are with us, we go with Marcus' family. The years the girls are with their mom, we come to Vernal. The only bad thing about coming to Vernal for Thanksgiving is that Marcus has to drive back home on Thanksgiving day to work at Charley's the next day. So we came out on Wednesday, Marcus left Thursday night and the kids and I get to stay until later today. My sister will be taking us home later. It was the longest trip to Vernal I have made in a very long time. We h

Thanksgiving was awesome! Tons of food that was great and Emma and I even got to take a nap! The was my favorite part of the day. I can't remember the last time I got to take a nap in the middle of the day. (Call me a flake all you want Kim...you are just jealous!! ) Friday we went and did some of the fun activities Vernal had for Thanksgiving weekend. I don't do the early morning Black Friday shopping. I love shopping, but you have to be nuts to go deal with those people. I don't think there is anything you could get me to go stand in line for at 4:30 am in the freezing cold. A guy getting crushed to death at a Wal-Mart, gunfire and two dead at a Toys R Us...yah, I don't think so. I'll pay a little more for what I want and go later. Vernal has a Santa's Workshop where there are a zillion craft booths set up. They had such cute things. We bought a few things but got even more ideas of things we could make for cheaper. Then they had all sorts of activities for kids that we did and the kids loved. We went to their little festival of trees thing..much smaller version of the way I am used to, but they were cute. The kids got their faces painted and watched a really cute electrical parade. Poor Emma was freezing but the rest of us were okay. They had a fireworks show later that night that the little ones watched from my parents back porch while my mom, sister and I were shopping.

We had a good time hanging out with my parents. Their house is usually pretty hectic and crazy but it was just Emma, Christian and me this time. It was nice. We did some shopping...what limited shopping you can do in Vernal, but I am coming home with almost double the amount of shoes I came out here with...shhh, don't tell my husband! :)

So now we are heading back home. We are going to put our Christmas tree up tonight as a family before Marcus and I leave for Vegas. Then I get to decorate the rest of the house over the next little bit. I am such an OCD control freak when it comes to decorating for Christmas..the tree, the lights, the decorations..everything has a certain place. We do the Christmas tree as a family and then I wait until the kids are in bed or gone and I fix it. I can't help it. Someday we are going to have a family tree that we can all decorate and one in the sitting room that is just for show that I alone get to do. It'll be interesting to see how the Christmas decorations stand up to the wrath of little Miss Emmers..she is a demon. We put up my parents' tree on Saturday and Emma couldn't keep her little hands off of it. Stinker!!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Here are just a few things I am grateful for this holiday season:

My wonderful husband.
My beautiful children.
My parents and crazy sister and brothers.
Nieces and Nephews
My wonderful friends...especially those that bring my warm chocolate chip cookies :)
Our puppies
Food...we all know I eat more then my share
Warm clothing
Deodorant...could you imagine a world without?
My scriptures
The living Prophet
Chap stick
Flip flops
Dr Pepper
My freedom
Toothbrush/toothpaste
Our working vehicles
My Grandma's homemade chocolate
Baby kisses..slobber and all.
My calling in the Young Womens and all the great ladies and girls I get to work with
My inability to make decisions or commit to anything...it keeps life interesting

Obviously those are in no particular order..anyway who knows me well would know that Dr Pepper and flip flops beat Marcus...hands down!! :)

No comments: