Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Stockings Were Hung...

It's finally here! I can honestly say I am all ready for Christmas this year. Every other year I feel like something was missed, forgotten or not done. But this year we are good to go. I finally have someone who will listen to Christmas music and look at lights with me. Christian loves it! There is a house in West Haven that has lights synced up to music; Christian could sit out there and watch for hours. We went to the lights in Willard and drove through those and saw Santa at the end. Christian loves Santa this year and asks for a John Deere every time he sees Santa. Emma is horrified of Santa this year. She won't go near the man.

All the presents are wrapped. Goodies all delivered. Cards are all out. The roast and rolls are in the oven as I sit here taking a much needed five minute break. I love this time of year. Yes, it is very stressful and crazy and I get involved in doing too much. Everything has to be perfect and I'm not satisfied until it is. A lot of the stress I bring on myself. I am just glad that this year on Christmas Eve everything is done so I can enjoy my family and all the things we do on Christmas Eve. I'm so excited for in the morning; watching the kids' faces and reactions.

Now that all the stress of Christmas is over, it's time to move on to New Year's. We are having a party here this year. The planning and cleaning will start on Friday. I'm excited; it'll be way fun.

Merry Christmas. Happy Hanukkah. Happy Kwanzaa. Merry whatever you celebrate to everyone. I hope you have a great day!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am one of those people that still run around on Christmas Eve! Every year I vow to be prepared, but never am!! I am glad that you were able to enjoy your family!! Merry Christmas!!