Friday, December 26, 2008

PSS: Christmas Memories...

Shane, who for some unknown reason thinks I am the most confusing person he has never met asked: "Tell us about your most memorable childhood Christmas."

I think I have a mild case of forgetfulness. I don't remember anything. I have bits and pieces of memories but not one unforgettable Christmas.

I used to wrap things I all ready had so I would have more to open on Christmas morning. I loved unwrapping stuff; I still do!
We would always get oranges in our stockings.
We got to pick one present on Christmas Eve to open. Without fail, I would open clothes while everyone else opened something cool.
Every year my parents would say, "This year is going to be a small Christmas. I know we say it every year, but this year we mean it." And every year Christmas was awesome and I was spoiled.
Santa didn't live long at our house. We discovered the truth at early ages. The kids would always help wrap everyone's presents. My mom would keep them hidden in her closet and lock the closet door. It wasn't too hard to get the keys when she was upstairs and sneak a peek at what was inside. I think that put me on the naughty list.

No comments: