Friday, February 22, 2008

Two Years Ago

It was two years ago today..well technically yesterday now I guess, that Christian came into our family. In some ways it feels like we just met him and Tammie (his birthmom) and then at the same time, it feels like he has been in our lives forever. On special occasions and holidays, I always feel a little sad. I can't help but think what Tammie is thinking and feeling. Does she regret her decision? Does she know how much we love our little boy? Does she know how grateful we are to her for giving us the greatest gift? We always have people ask why she gave him up for adoption, especially since he was all ready one. We never really got all the details, nor do I really think it was our place to hear everything. Tammie did what she knew was best for her little boy. When we left Tammie and Summer in the hotel room for the last time with Christian, all she did was pat him on the back and said bye. It took me awhile to understand that. Tammie had all ready said her good byes and she knew he was going home with two people who, although they had just met Christian, loved him as much as she did. The second that door closed, I was so emotional. I was so happy to have a little boy; a little one to call my own. But at the same time, I had just taken someone else's baby. How could that be okay? I often find myself thinking or even singing the Michael McLean song "From God's Arms, To My Arms, To Yours". I don't think there is anything out there that sums up adoption more than that song. I am responsible for loving this little boy not only for me, but for Tammie as well. Christian knows who Tammie is, we talk about her and he even has pictures. As he grows up, he can make the decision as to what kind of contact he has with her.
Christian has brought so much joy and laughter into our family. He is a hand full, but even when he is being naughty, he is still the best little guy.
It was not by chance that Christian came into our family. He was meant to be our little boy. There were way too many "coincidences" for them to be "coincidences". Heavenly Father knew exactly what he was doing. If I ever need an example of prayers being answered or of having faith, I can share the story of Christian's adoption. Marcus still can't share the story without crying. Sissy! :) We are truly blessed to have Christian as a part of our eternal family. Thank you Christian for being my little boy. Thank you Tammie for trusting us to raise this wonderful little boy. We love you little man!!


This is the first night we met Christian. We all met at the California Pizza Kitchen. The minute they walked in, we were in love with this beautiful little boy.


Christian's first night home. All he had to bring home with him was the clothes on his back, a coat and an ELMO doll.


Who are all those strange pale people?!?!


Christian playing in a blanket Tammie sent him. (I think this picture was Novemberish...maybe.)

No comments: