Saturday, January 01, 2011

Resolutions...

I'm excited for the new year. I love feeling like I have a clean slate and can do anything.

What is in store for you in 2011?

I love setting New Year's Resolutions and have set a few for this year.





2011 Resolutions

-Be a Better Mommy

This is the most important goal I have set for myself this year. Less yelling. Less putting the kids second or even third sometimes. Less of "I'll play Barbies after I'm done with the laundry." Less of "I'll play Wii games after I do the dishes." And definitely less of "I'll feed you after this level of Angry Birds or this episode of Castle is over." (all right, it's not really that bad, but it's getting close.) The first day of 2011 was a good one. Emma and I played Babies and Christian had a special visit from the Kissy Monster.

-"Let it Go"

I am determined to StOp taking things so personally. I was ready to give Facebook (gasp!) up because a friend not only unfriended me, but then blocked me so I couldn't see them on Facebook. Seriously! At first I pretended I didn't care. Then I was mad. What did I ever do? Then my feelings got hurt. I went through everything on my account to see what I said or didn't say that could have been taken the wrong way. Why would this "friend" unfriend me? I still don't know. And yes, it still upsets me. I can't help it. Everything is so personal. My Christmas cards this year, that I designed and thought were really cute, were called "cheesy" by someone that I sent them to. It shouldn't have bothered me, but my feelings got hurt and I was upset. Why do I care what others think of me so much? I need to ReLaX!!!

I want to learn to let things go. To let them slide right off my back. But I don't know how. I hate thinking I upset someone or did something wrong. If I accidentally cut someone off in traffic, the next day I still feel bad. Ridiculous, I know. So I want to figure out how to not care so much. I don't want to become cold hearted, just not so tender hearted. I think the self help section of Barnes and Noble and I are going to become fast, good friends this year.

-Lose Weight

I like muffins, but I don't think I look good wearing one. My muffin top needs to go. Marcus has rigged up this snazzy set up on my treadmill with my cell phone. I can watch episodes of Castle and Grey's Anatomy while I run/walk. I am registered for the Ogden 1/2 marathon later this Spring and I so need to get my butt in shape. I enjoy my food a little too much. Sugar. Sugar. And more sugar. YuMmY!! I would love to be able to not have to do my "jean dance" to get my pants on. This is my year!!

-Live up to my reputation of Wonder Woman

I want to work on getting a grasp on my crazy life. Between family, work, church callings, volunteering, being taxi, trying to have a social life, and everything in between, I feel like my world is spinning out of control. To the outside world, I have complete control of my life. If only...


Marcus and I even set some goals together for the upcoming year. 2011 is going to be a great year for us!!

I would love to be able to say that we would be adding to our family in 2011, but I think one of my resolutions should be to come to terms that our family is complete. Not a resolution I want to actually accomplish, but come what may and love it, right?

My motto for the new year is "I can do hard things." I just need to keep reminding myself of this and I can accomplish anything.

HaPpY NeW YeAr!!!

No comments: