Thursday, January 27, 2011

Dear Christian...


I can't believe it!! Today you are six years old!! Where has the time gone? It seems like just yesterday that we were getting a phone call that changed our lives forever. You were an answer to my prayers and a light in my life.



You are turning into such a wonderful little boy. I won't be able to call you a little boy much longer; it seems time is going much too quickly. I still remember you having your "bup" and smearing poop all over your crib. (you naughty little boy.)



You are so talented it's almost unbelievable. The way you can pick up any instrument and figure out how to play it is beyond me. You have more rhythm in your little finger than I do in my whole body. I love watching you play sports; another natural talent you have. (Which is a very good thing, cuz we all know how well Daddy throws a ball.)



Your sisters love you very much; you are an awesome brother. Emma adores you and I love watching you two play together.



I love how you make friends wherever you go. You are always playing with your friends. It was hard for me at first to let you play with friends all the time; it made me realize that you are growing up and Mommy isn't as cool as she use to be.

You keep me on track: you don't let me say bad words, if we forget prayers you are always the one to remind me and you always want to read your scriptures. I love it.



I know I grumble a lot because you still come into my bed EvErY night. One night I asked you why you felt like you had to come in my bed every night. You were half asleep but your answer was, "Because I love you." How could I make you go back to bed that night? I love that when you are scared or lonely at night, cuddling with me makes everything okay. (but once in awhile, can you cuddle with Daddy? I do like some sleep once in a while. Or convince Daddy to buy a bigger bed? that would work too..)



I hope you have a great sixth birthday. I'm sorry I was gone most of the day, but we will have lots of fun at your party tomorrow. I love you bug!!

Love,
Mommy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the sweetest post Monica. He is adorable! Happy Birthday Christian!

pilgrim said...

What a wonderful story - may he live a happy, healthy life and bring you many, many more smiles!

You've clearly created a very special and loving home for your children!

Rachel said...

What a little cutie! Enjoy the years they go fast :)