Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Being Productive...


Last week I got things done!!
My sister and I threw a baby shower for my sister in law and I was in charge of the thank you's. I dipped forty pretzel sticks and they actually turned out...I think. They look cute, but I can't eat them. The smell of the melting chocolate makes my stomach turn; I have used it far too much. My printer is being stubborn and won't print in color so I had to make the tags myself. I think they turned out well.



I made two patch work quilts last week and forgot to take pictures of either one. Duh!! This frog material was the block I worked around. It also had purple, pink and yellow. The one I made for my sister in law turned out way cute. The one I made for church...well, yeah, not so much but I finally got it done.



I tried my first attempt at the latest craze: cake pops. The outcome wasn't so good. I think the cake part turned out kinda mushy. And again, I don't like the melting chocolate. I wasn't a big fan. Maybe we will try again when I have nothing to do. They looked much better then they tasted. The kids ate them up though...they must have not been that bad.




I was in charge of the weekly activity for the Mia Maid class for Young Women's last week. We made journal jars. I made one for an example and I think this could be a good thing to help me blog. There are a lot of times I want to blog but have nothing to say. You just print out a bunch of questions, put them in a jar and pull out a question a day or a week or whenever you want. I haven't used it yet, but my intentions are good. :)



I finally figured out why I had kids:



I kid. I kid. They were dying to use their new snow shovels their grandma bought for them. Cute kids!!


Get Your Craft On Tuesday


handmade projects


1 comment:

Jodi said...

We love love loved the cute cookie pops you gave us for Christmas! You are so creative! You'll have to teach me how because I thought they were fabulous!!