Friday, December 31, 2010

Good Riddance 2010!!!



The year 2010 is over!!

How do I put this nicely...2010 was a year from Hell for us!!

I am so glad to see it go. I am so excited for what waits just around the corner in 2011.




Since we closed/sold for nothing both restaurants, we have been scrapping by. Just as we got to the bottom of the barrel with absolutely nothing left to scrape, Marcus received an incredible job offer. He doesn't start until mid-January so the next few weeks are going to be tricky. (Too bad neither one of us has an extra kidney to sell..) But I am so excited for Marcus to have this great opportunity and I am so excited for our family to get back to normal...as normal as we can be anyway.

We have many great opportunities waiting for us. We have learned a lot this past year about ourselves, about each other and about our family. I think Marcus and I have both grown a lot (and I'm not just talking about all the extra weight I have gained this year) and we are both better people for the trials we have experienced.

I am very glad to close the door on 2010 and can't wait for 2011. Great things are on the horizon for us.

Marcus and I plan on bringing the new year in in style!! Every year we have done something big: Disneyland, Denver, First Night in SLC or have had parties at our house with friends. This year we both just wanted to stay home. So it'll be just the two of us at midnight sitting in our pj's eating lots and lots of food. No traveling required. No mess to clean up. Just the two of us bringing in the New Year together.

Here's to hoping you all have a great and safe New Year!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear about his new job! Congrats! Are you able to tell us what he'll be doing?
Your new years plans sound just like ours. Staying home and loving it.
I hope you are able to come to the next Bloggers GNO in Jan. I'm dying to see you all again.
Happy New Year

Tylaine said...

Congratulations on Marcus's new job! That's awesome. We're hoping for some of that good luck too here! So looking forward to saying good riddance to 2010!
Darn that cliche what doesn't kill ya makes you stronger!