Monday, September 15, 2008

PSS: Religion

Last week, Kim asked: Tell us about at least one religion, other than your own, you respect and why.

I have really struggled with this question this past week. Not because of my answer, but because I know regardless of how I answer it, I'll be judged. I wanted to take my time and sound all smart and have points and rebuttals for any arguments that anyone could have to what I said. Then I realized that I was putting way too much thought into the question.

I don't respect or disrespect anybody based on age, race, religion, sexual identity or nationality.

I respect all religions. I have my own beliefs and religious views that I won't force on you. I respect your views, you respect mine. You don't have to agree with my beliefs, but you also don't have to be so quick to pass judgment on what I do believe. Unless you believe in killing puppies or sharing special kool-aid, you have my respect.

No comments: