Tuesday, July 08, 2008

The New Me...For Now

I am going through a midlife crisis of some sorts. Maybe not midlife...maybe more of a quarter life crisis. I feel like I am stuck in a rut. I am trying to make changes in my life of things that I can control, which at the moment, doesn't feel like a whole lot. I have had the same hair cut for as long as I can remember. I have played with color but was too afraid to make a drastic change with a cut. When I was pregnant with Emma my hair finally grew and I had the longest hair I have ever had. I kept that hair for over a year. Today I went in to get my hair colored. I went blonde a few months ago but I can't do the upkeep or stand the roots. I went darker and closer to my natural color...whatever that may be. Then I made a quick decision and chopped my hair...I'm talking had to have my neck shaved because my hair is so short. I have never had my neck shaved before...it was kinda creepy. When I left the salon, I didn't cry...yes, that means a lot. I think I might actually like it. It'll take some getting used to, but I don't think I regret it....yet.

So we go from this......



to this....





What do ya think?

My next step in Operation: Regain Identity is a trip to the University Mall on Thursday to spend some hard earned cash on some new clothes. I also ordered a new exercise DVD that I have heard great things about. I hope it gets here soon. I am so pathetic; I keep thinking when the DVD gets here, I'll start eating healthy and exercising....there is always a "when this happens, then I will lose weight" thought in my head. I can make anything make sense too...it's ridiculous. When will I realize that all I have to do is get off my lazy butt, put away the Dr. Pepper and cut back on the cheeseburgers. Last time I got all healthy and lost weight, I got pregnant...let's not have that happen again...yet. I have started to run again..okay, I have gone once since my half marathon and that once was last week...but hey, it's better than nothing. I mean to start running again, but life is so crazy finding the time is next to impossible.

Third step in Operation: Regain Identity-Anyone know how much cankle reduction surgery runs now days?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the hair! It seems spunkier, sophisticated, and more youthful.

LostinPlaceKim said...

Holy shit!
I know! I wouldn't normally swear on your blog but holy shit, that's short!!!! I LOVE IT! I've been considering it for a while now and that makes me totally want to do it because it is SO cute. Why are you the cute one? I hate you. But love your hair!

Unknown said...

Cankle reduction?! No way! Cankle augmentation! Get some implants in those puppies. May it look like you are wearing skin toned moon boots all the time. All the cool kids are doing it.

Brynn said...

You look beautiful! Love the hair! And, you having cankles?? Doubt it! Now, me on the other hand. Cankles are growing by the day :)