Monday, October 22, 2007

I Suck at Murder Mysteries.....

Marcus and I went to a Murder Mystery Party on Saturday that was put on by some of our friends. They did one last year too, but I was so sick from the pregnancy that I didn't have a very good time. We decided to give it another try. I do have to say that this year was much better. The whole thing was still a little corny and had to leave Emma with a babysitter for the first time. (yah, I was a nervous wreck) Emma did fine with the babysitter and I only called once. We divided up the kids; Jessi, Taylor and Christian were at the house with a babysitter, and we took Emma to a different sitter. I will totally admit I am an overly paranoid mom whose kids are going to grow up and be so sheltered and need lots of therapy and all there problems are going to come back on me...anyway, I digress. I have a hard time at these kind of parties; they make me come out of my comfort zone. I have to make an idiot out of myself...it's okay to do that around people I know, but a few of the couples there we didn't know. It was still fun, but next year I refuse to spend as much money as we did on the party this year. I have never been a real big fan of Halloween. Every year growing up I was always just a Punk Rocker. With these two parties, I have had to come up with costumes and makeup and such. It's not really something I am good at or enjoy. I don't like to be scared and all the candy goes right into my mouth and directly to my butt and thighs. I normally like to decorate but most of the Halloween decorations are animated and little kid looking. I don't like those kind of decorations. This year I didn't do much as far as decorating goes; Christian gets into everything and would break what ever he could reach. Going to the party kinda put the me in the Halloween mood and I am excited to put Christian and Emma into their costumes for our ward party. I will defiantly put pictures of them up...they are much cuter then we were!!

Freaking A!! Why didn't anyone mention how fat this costume made me look?! Oh Wait!! I had to have been wearing a fat suit as part of the costume...yah, that's it.

No comments: