Friday, March 23, 2007

What Not To Say To The Woman Carrying Your Child.

I have been keeping an ongoing list of things Marcus has said or done to me over the past couple of months that refers to me getting more and more pregnant.*** There have been so many that I am losing track and have to write these down before I forget them.

I think my face is getting fat.
No, your face and chins look fine to me.

You know your butt is just going to get wider, right?

Walking past me in the closet: You have really let yourself go.

Did the kids get any of the after school snacks we bought?

After eating in a restaurant (a very nice, expensive restaurant where I ate A LOT): You are trying to tell me that's all baby?

And my all time favorite--
So I stepped on the scale this morning...
Did it scream?!

***
Marcus did not mean a single word of anything he said. I actually laughed at every one of those after he said them. The scale one left me speechless for a minute, but then I thought it was hilarious. He has been very supportive and great during the past seven months. We have the kind of relationship where we can give each other never ending crap and be okay with it. Lucky for Marcus, I haven't yet turned into an emotional, hormonal, basket case that I could be, and I haven't taken anything he has said seriously. He even sat there for an hour while I showed him all the baby clothes that came with me from Virginia and pretended to be interested. I know that I am the only one that can talk about Baby G 24 hours a day and not get bored or annoyed. So there are times that I feel like I am going through a lot of this alone, but that is just me; there are plenty of people who I could talk to but I choose not to. As the days seem to be going by faster and faster, Baby G will be here before we know it and I know before I am ready. (Is anyone ever completely ready for this kind of life changing event?) I am going to start to write down all the loving things my wonderful husband says so I can be sure to quote him correctly next time. (I can guarantee there will be "What Not To Say To The Woman Carrying Your Child Part 2" before June.)



No comments: