Wednesday, June 25, 2008

PSS: Dating Game

Shane asked awhile ago..."Tell us about the worst, most awkward, most embarrassing or most messed-up date you've ever been on."

I've been on a few blind dates which you would think would be weird or awkward, but none of them were too bad. I had a serious boyfriend through most of high school and the beginning of college. We were together for five years before I met Marcus. Before I got together with my high school boyfriend, I dated a little, but not a lot of different guys. I seemed to always have one guy that I was hung up on that I did the whole dating scene with. I did a lot things together as groups. Looking back now, I regret not dating more. All my dance pictures were with basically the same people. I had a really good guy friend that I went to a lot of dances with and hung out a lot with. My best friend was with one of his friends, so it was fun and comfortable. There was never any feelings beyond friendship so it was easy and fun. Then I got with the guy I was dating before Marcus. I was with him my Junior and Senior years of high school. I would like to have dated other guys and not had a steady boyfriend through some of the funnest years of my life. During my early college years when I was on and off again with that guy, I went on a few dates with different guys and it was really fun. I wish I would have done that more. I am going to encourage all my little ones to just have fun and not get too serious with any one person.

If I had to chose one date (that I can remember anyway) that was awkward, it would have to be my date to my Junior Prom. My boyfriend at the time was going to be out of town the night of the dance. He didn't want me to miss my Junior Prom, so he told me to go with someone to the dance. There was this guy who had a major crush on me at the time. (I know that sounds conceited, but he really did.) He asked me to go to the dance with him. To be honest, I really didn't want to go. I didn't want to miss the dance and my best friend was going with this guy's best friend so we would be together. I don't think my date said ten words to me the whole night. He was really shy around me and wouldn't talk. This is a guy that I hung out with all the time. We had a big group of us that hung out at school and on the weekends. He had always been quiet around me, but I figured that since we were on an official date he would maybe lighten up a bit. I probably didn't help the situation any. When we first got to the dance, I saw one of my really good guy friends. I immediately went to him and we danced the first dance together. I know..pretty cold.

I don't really remember much else about that night. He was obviously freaked about dancing and having to touch me so I don't remember if we danced much. Pictures were really uncomfortable and it shows in the picture. If I remember correctly, he was mad at me after the whole night was over and had some of our friends mad at me too. I don't remember why exactly.

If that is my worst date story, I think I have done pretty good. Most of the dates I have been on with either boyfriends or blind dates have been really fun. Luckily, I get along with most everybody and can have fun. If the guy had fun could be a whole other story. I don't even want to know how many guys could use me as their answer to this question...

No comments: