Saturday, December 01, 2007

November...Cliff's Notes Version

So I suck. The month of November has come and gone and I did one post. I figure since I don't talk to anyone anymore, (somehow Emma always knows when I get on the phone) I need to share the highlights of the month...quickly because I am exhausted.

Christian no longer has his "bup". It's all gone. We were going to do this big, extravagant going away party for it, but I ruined that. I was sitting on the couch one day and he came over next to me with his bup in his mouth and his slobber all over his shirt and down his chin. Some of the slobber dripped on my leg. I had it. I took his bup and chucked it across the room. Yes, I had a temper tantrum. I decided right then and there that we were done with the bups. The whole thing was much easier then we could have ever imagined. He went to bed without a fight and things were good. Then he decided to have a seizure the next morning. But he didn't ask for one. I think he finally realized that they were gone for good.

Emma is eating baby food and loving every minute of it. The only thing I have found that she doesn't like is peaches. We also found out that she is allergic to not only peanuts, but to formula as well. There are also certain diapers she can't wear and detergents and certain fabrics make her break out in a nasty rash. I really hope all these allergies and things are something she will grow out of. The day I stop breastfeeding, I am pigging out on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and Reese's peanut butter cups. She still is not sleeping through the night. I'm a horrible mother, I know. She fell off the couch....yah, horrible mother, I know. She is very active and doesn't ever hold still, even when she is sleeping. She is rolling everywhere and scoots to get where she wants to go. The day she starts to crawl, I will cry.

I celebrated my birthday this month. It seems like I get a birthday weekend or sometimes even week the way the schedules go the girls and my family. This year, Marcus sent me out a few days before my birthday with a friend to get a pedicure and then we went to lunch. It was SO nice to be out of the house with no kids and have adult conversation. (Talking with Marcus doesn't count....I said adult.) :) Then after that when I came home, he had 100 balloons in the sitting room that I had to pop. Some of the balloons had money, others had little notes from Marcus and the kids. I hate the sound of popping balloons....HATE IT. 100 balloons later, still hate it. I got lots of cute notes and lots of money to go shopping with. Then on my actual birthday, my parents came to town and we got a sitter for the two little ones (the girls were with their mom) and we went to dinner. I also got my Grey's season 3 dvds. (worse season ever, but have to add them to the collection.)

For Thanksgiving we went to Marcus' Aunt's house. It was good. We didn't have to worry about decorations or cleanup or any of the stress that comes with hosting Thanksgiving. It was nice.

Got all the Christmas decorations up and ready to start shopping for Christmas...tis the season to be jolly...or something.

No comments: