Thursday, August 30, 2007

But You Are Wearing Sweatpants

"Are you changing so we can go to the mall?"

"No, I am going through my clothes and getting rid of the ones I don't want anymore."

"But aren't we going to the mall?"

"Yah, in a little bit."

"But you are wearing sweatpants!"

"So?"

"You are going to wear them to the mall?!"

You would have thought going to the mall in sweatpants was the worst thing I could possibly do. There was a time in my life where I wouldn't be caught dead outside of the house in sweatpants, with my hair not done or my makeup not done. The summer before I went into seventh grade, I went to the ball park with my friend to watch her brother play baseball. I was wearing gray sweatpants and didn't look too cute. Who did we see that day? The boy I was madly in love with, of course!! I vowed from that day on that I would never leave the house unless I was completely done up. I did that for a very long time. Then I had a baby and said, "Screw it!". It's okay to wear comfortable clothes and throw your hair in a pony. So I guess I have grown up a little bit. However, I still to this day will not leave the house without mascara and lip gloss on.

Even after Jessi gave me grief over what I was wearing, she still went through the clothes I was getting rid of and took some for herself.

No comments: