Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Hopefully the Gift of Giving is Still Around

Marcus doesn't ask a lot from me, so when he does ask me to do something, I am eager to help. He sent out this email to many family and friends during the holidays. He also asked if I would post it to get the word out. Any help is better then nothing. This is very near and dear to Marcus.

As I am sure many of you know, in 2001 I was lucky enough to be able to travel to Romania and work with a charity helping homeless children in Bucharest. The charity is dedicated to helping find homes for the estimated 20,000 homeless children, many of whom currently live in the sewers in and around Bucharest. Because they are not able to house all of the children they opened the Hope Rescue Center. They bring children into this center for an hour a day. Here they are given basic first aid, food and clothing. They are also allowed to color and play. For these children this is their only break from begging in the freezing cold. It is the only chance they get each day to just be a kid. I have spent time in this center and with these beautiful children and I know how wonderful the work they do is.

The Romanian government has decided to demolish the Hope Rescue Center to build an overpass. You can read about this in their latest newsletter. The charity is in desperate need of $275,000 to purchase a building so they can relocate the Rescue Center and continue to be a small glimmer of light in these children’s life each day. I urge you to consider a small donation to this wonderful cause this Christmas season. I have donated a lot of my own time and money into this charity and have spent time in the rescue center with these children, some as young as 18 months old. I can assure you that your money is going to a wonderful cause. Please take a few minutes and read about the charity or watch this video and then consider a small donation to help.

Thank you for your consideration.

Marcus

No comments: