Friday, January 25, 2008

You Win Some...You Lose Some

Today was a crappy day. We received some news that was a pretty bad blow to us, as a matter of fact, it was devastating. I will not share all the details because I am just too lazy to type that much, but if I I come across kind of snippy and nasty for the next little while, don't say I didn't warn you. I don't deal with disappointment well. I have usually gotten what I want out of life and have always been well taken care, okay, okay, spoiled. So when things don't go the way I had planned, I am not a happy camper. Christian walked in on me crying today and asked me what the matter was. When I told him that Mommy was kinda sad, he said, "Did Daddy growl at you?" That little boy can always put a smile on my face when I am feeling down.
I know that everything happens for a reason and things will be okay eventually. I am just having a hard time dealing with the now of the whole thing. I am not usually one to get all preachy and religious to others, especially people who I don't know, but I know the Lord never gives us more then we can handle. If I do what I am suppose to, He will do what he is suppose to. Why would He give me what I wanted, if I am not willing to give Him what he wants? I have slacked on a lot of important things lately, and I am now seeing the results of that. We fed the missionaries dinner tonight, (yes, I even cooked...they are doing the Lord's work, so I knew my food wouldn't harm them) and after dinner was over, they gave us Priesthood blessings. The elder who gave the blessing told me that the Lord would give me what I needed. That is just what I needed to hear. He will give me what I NEED not necessarily what I want. That helped me see that I am very lucky all ready. Instead of sitting around and moping, I need to be thankful for what I have. I am truly blessed; I have a beautiful little boy and a baby that I was told I would never have. "I never said it would be easy. I only said it would be worth it" is one of my favorite quotes. I think I need to have it tattooed on my forehead.
Okay, enough whinning. I have better things to be doing then rehashing my bad day. Tomorrow is a new day and it will be better. (It's my cheat day on my diet...I get to eat whatever I want...tomorrow will be better.)
On a happier note, Christian has decided what he wants for his birthday dinner on Sunday: hot dogs, french fries and Jello. That is a boy after my own heart. Can we get any more white trash then that?
I feel like I need to end with a cuss word or a dirty joke or something so I don't come across too preachy.

Want to hear a dirty joke? A man fell in mud.
Want to hear a clean joke? He took a bath with bubbles.
Want to hear another dirty joke? Bubbles was his neighbor!!!

HeHeHe....good night.

No comments: