Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I Originally Said I Wasn't Complaining....

Whenever I didn't feel good, I would always start out by saying, "I'm not complaining but..." This time I am complaining....Hardcore!!! This past week has been the hardest week probably of my life. To spare everyone all the details, here is the last week and a half in a nutshell:

Thursday, Marcus and I went to the ER. I was having horrible pain and I was sure I was losing the baby. It was horrible. We saw my OB/GYN, and thankfully, the baby was fine. So then we were back to square one. I was still in horrible pain, but knowing the baby was fine made things so much easier. So we stayed in the ER for seven hours that day and then they wanted us to come back at 7:00 am the next morning. The Dr. was afraid it was my appendix, but because I was pregnant, they couldn't do a CT scan to make certain. So we came back the next morning and they hooked me up to more IV's because I was so dehydrated. The surgeon observed me all day and then decided later that night I needed to have surgery to remove my appendix. He basically told us if we waited and my appendix burst, we would lose the baby. If we went ahead and had the surgery, there was still a possibility of losing the baby. How in the world do we make that kind of choice? It was very hard and an emotional time, but I know now that we made the right decision. I went into surgery about five o'clock on Friday. My parents came out to help with Christian. I owe them big time. I came home from the hospital on Saturday morning and was just miserable. I was in pain from the surgery and then still sick with "normal" pregnancy issues. We went to see my OB/GYN on Tuesday to check the baby. Everything was fine with the baby but I was dehydrated. So back in the hospital for us. We had to stay there long enough to go through two bags of fluid. Since I was so dehydrated it went by pretty quickly. Marcus thankfully took the whole week off to help out; I owe him big time. I was slowly starting to feel better and even went with Marcus to Target for half on hour on Friday. Then that night I got so sick. Yah, I got the flu too. Go figure. Luckily, it only lasted for 24 hours and now on Sunday, I am feeling better. Not great, but I am slowly on the mend. So I figure everything happened all at the same time, the rest of the pregnancy is going to be smooth sailing. (Hopefully anyway)

I guess that wasn't really "in a nutshell" but it was a lot shorter then my original post I was going to put up. There are a lot of people I need to make thank you cards for now with all their help with Christian and bringing us dinner. I am going to be in Marcus' debt forever. I ran the poor guy ragged this past week. He is going back to work tomorrow, which to be honest, freaks me out. I still can't lift Christian for another week, so we'll see how we do. So yah, I am done saying I am not complaining...But personally, I think I have every right to...considering.

No comments: