Tuesday, March 06, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday

You're so vain. I bet you think this song is about you. Don't you?

 I will admit it; I am vain. I won't run to the grocery store in sweats and a pony tail with no make up on. I won't answer the door if I'm still in my jammies with bed head. I take about 45 minutes to an hour every day to get ready. Ridiculous? Yes. Can I help me? Probably but not really. 

I remember the exact moment that I become obsessively vain.

 I was in fifth grade at a friend's sleepover. They wanted to play a game where we chose one person and we all wrote three things we liked about them and three things we didn't like about them. (Brutal, I know.) No one wanted to go first, so I volunteered. I don't remember a single good thing that was written, but I remember every bad thing that was said. 

Sometimes your hair is messy. 

Sometimes your clothes aren't cute. 

 Sometimes your clothes look old. 

 Sometimes you need to comb your hair better. 

Remember, this is fifth grade. You're about 10 in fifth grade, right? 22 years later and it still affects me? Can anyone say therapy?

 Anyway, about half way through my turn, one of my friends who was suppose to read her list of me next decided this game wasn't nice and that she wasn't going to read hers.

 So we stopped. 

 But it was too late for me. These girls were my friends. They were the "popular" girls of the school and I was dying to fit in and be there friend.

 Fast forward to current day.  I'm vain.  I like to look nice.  Sometimes for other people, but mainly for myself.  I feel better about myself when I actually get dressed and look half way human.  Even if I'm not leaving the house, I try to get "done up" as my husband would say.  

Without any further babbling on my part, here is what I wore this week:


I just got this shirt from Dillard's on their clearance rack.  It's one of those shirts that I looked at a zillion times every time I would go there but couldn't bring myself to pay full price because I wasn't sure if I liked it that much.  When it went on clearance and then they marked down clearance an additional 65%, how could I resist?  I still don't know how I feel about it, but even if I don't wear it often, I got such a deal that I'm good with that.
The jeans are from Maurices.  They are so comfy.
Shoes are Candies that I have had forever.  I can't remember where I got them since I've had them so long.

My bracelets are from Charlotte Russe.  My husband calls the beaded one my Flintstones bracelet, he may be right, but I still think it's cute.

This outfit I wore on Friday when I went  grocery shopping and ran errands.  When I got home from grocery shopping, my husband surprised me and took me out on a date.  

The white sweater is from Forever 21.
The shirt was another clearance shirt but this time from Target.
Jeans are DKNY.
Boots are a clearance find at Forever Shoes.


My Sunday Best. :)  
Have to look good for my six and seven year olds that I teach every week, right?
Skirt is from Down East Outfitters.
Sweater from Aeropostale.
Boots from Kohls.

Monday I had a PTA meeting and errands to run. 
 I got all dressed up for all the hot PTA moms. You know who you are. (Thursday? Carl's Jr?) :)  I was also officially voted in for next year's President Elect which means I will be PTA president for the 2013-2014 school year.  I had to look the part right?
Blazer from Papaya.
Black lacy shirt from...uh...Covet maybe?
Purple shirt from Covet.
Jeans Calvin Klein
Boots from Forever Shoes..yes another clearance find. :)

Outtakes from that photo shoot.  My seven year old was telling me how to pose.  



Today was another errand day.  We also made the best cupcakes ever in the history of the world.

Shirt from Maceys.
Pants from Target clearance rack.
Shoes a gift from the husband unit.
I love them! Not exactly the most comfortable, but fashion over comfort, right?

I wouldn't recommend wearing these shoes while you are in the kitchen all day making Snickers cupcakes.  These are the best thing I have ever made.  Oh. My. Goodness. Yum.


Have a great week!!

Linking up with:

pleated poppy

and

.mommagoround.com 

2 comments:

Megan, The Frugalista Diaries said...

Loving the brown boots and wedges!

Heidi Kjar said...

cute outfits! And I love your blog name, so fun. I will start following you! I would love for you to hope over to my blog and check it out too:).
Heidi
www.wifemotherwannabe.blogspot.com