Tuesday, April 12, 2011

What I Wore Wednesday: Third Edition


This week I tried not to "play it safe" like I find myself doing lately.
If I like it, I should wear it right?
Who cares if it isn't what everyone else is wearing.

Thursday:

White lace top: Sweetest Thingz Boutique
Purple Shirt: I got as a gift around Christmas time
Jeans: Target
Sunglasses that I forgot I had on my head: Wal-mart.
I am done paying lots of money for sunglasses. I have gone through too many pairs;
I am really hard on my sunglasses.

Friday:
We left for Vegas on Friday.
It was a seven hour drive in bad weather.
I wanted to be comfy but still cute...

White Long Sleeve Shirt: Boutique at the local mall
Black t-shirt: Vanity
Black and White Bolero: I "borrowed" it from my step-daughter's closet...oopsies...
Black scarf: One of those things I have had forever.
No idea where I got it from. Probably Target?
Black Belt: Target...again maybe?


I think the belt and scarf together
may have been too much. I'm trying to accessorize more and some days are better than others. :)

Saturday:
We were in Vegas for a Cheer competition for the weekend. It had been snowing in Utah over Spring Break; I had no idea what kind of weather to pack for.


Long Sleeve Shirt: Charlotte Russe
Black Sweater: Kohl's
Same scarf as the day before. I didn't bring a necklace or
anything to go with the outfit, but I think it needed something.
Jeans: Aeropostale Skinny Jeans
Boots: Birthday present two years ago.

Sunday:

Button up shirt: H&M
(we were in Vegas with a new H&M that had THREE LEVELS!!!...I HAD to go..)
White under shirt: Covet Boutique
Crops: Targets

Monday:
This was my lazy day. We had gotten back from Vegas late Sunday night.
I was exhausted and had TONZ of laundry to do...


Sweat suit: Aeropostale
Undershirt: Down East Basics
Shoes: Nike
Good thing you can't see how hairy my legs are...they are BAD!!!


Tuesday:


Shirt: Another H&M find from Vegas.
I don't know how I feel about it. It' not something I normally would wear.
But stepping out of the comfort zone, remember.
Under shirt: Boutique in the mall
Jeans: Aeropostale

Linking up to:

the pleated poppy blog

and

Momma Go Round

I love getting new ideas and fashion advice from some of these fashionable women.

Go check out some of links-you won't regret it!!

Here's to another great week of fashion!!!

10 comments:

Sarita said...

I love your Sunday outfit. So simple but it's really flattering! In regards to accessorizing, Coco Chanel once said: “Take one thing off before you leave the house.” I like that quote because I tend to over accessorize ... and this reminds me to keep it simple.

Sherri @ Design2Shine said...

Love the Friday outfit, even with scarf and belt! Sunday's outfit is awesome ...love that new blouse.
Ahhh Vegas and cheering. What a combo!

Eva said...

I love your Friday outfit. When I saw it, I thought...great use of accessories. I also love the button shirt and jean capris look, never tried that together, but now I will!

Aubrey S. said...

I happen to really like that second H&M shirt, so if you decide it's not for you...

Looking great!

Morgan said...

Super cute!

Sometimes I'll hesitate wearing something because I know I'll stand out, but I agree with you- who cares? I'd rather look cute and feel good than just look boring or like everyone else. :) Love your outfits!

Lindsay @ My Happily Ever After said...

I think the tunic from H&M in your Tuesday outfit is super cute! You look great in it!

Brittany said...

Hi - I found your blog via the pleated poppy. I think you're doing great with finding your style. I'm trying to do the same thing this year. It was a new year's resolution for me. My favorite outfit was the Friday outfit - you look great :)

Nina @ Momma Go Round said...

So jealous you got to go to such an amazing H&M, I LOVE that store! I think the tunic is adorable and looks super cute on you!

Rock on with the cheer competition! I used to drag my parents to those all the time. How was your headache from all the yellow, bows, and hairspray?

Jen-MamaZen said...

Found your blog on WIWW, It's really cute!

April said...

Love that purple shirt AND the last blue one. It looks so good on you!